Tuesday, July 28, 2009

FOR WRITERS: Affordable Bookplates

Bookplates are basically self-adhesive stickers that an author can autograph and send to their readers to affix into their books. I've wanted to provide these for my readers (who are unable to attend my booksignings) for quite a while, but I knew it would be a time investment. After I began researching prices, I was horrified to discover that it would be such a costly dollar investment as well. One very reputable site that I've heard of from several author loops offers 500 full-color stickers for $500...and it seemed like the prices didn't vary much from that (they did offer 500 for $80, but these are only single-color stickers.) So, after several hours of research, I finally found some affordable ones, and thought I'd share to save other authors some time:

http://www.psprint.com/stickers-labels

What's nice about PSPrint is that you can choose custom sizes, they charge $40 for 250 full-color stickers (I chose 3x2 inch stickers, which seemed a good size for paperback books--see picture above) and the more you order, the less expensive they are. You have to size and upload your own artwork, but if you have any problems, their customer service department is super helpful (based on my own personal experience).

If you're a reader, and would like some of my new bookplates, just go to my website: http://www.kathrynekennedy.com/

Until Next Time,
Kathryne

Oh, and if you've found an inexpensive resource for quality bookplates, please feel free to share as well. :}

2 comments:

Amber Scott Books said...

Very cool idea! A classy personal touch, for sure.

Kathryne Kennedy said...

Glad you liked the info, Amber! Thx so much for leaving a comment!