Sunday, October 21, 2007

Quick Halloween Recipes

Ghoulish Hands

The kids will love these ghoulish hands. Wash a pair of surgical gloves and fill with either colored water or fruit punch. Tie the ends with banker clips or rubber bands and place them in the freezer with the fingers facing downward. You may want to make sure it a try is under to pick up any spillage. Make sure you do this a couple days before. It does take time for the gloves to completely freeze. Green hands look very eerie in the punch the year I did this, and the kids adored me for a least a week.

Deviled Eggs with Creepy Spiders

Anyone can do this added touch if you have black olives and a knife. Prepare deviled eggs as usual. Whole olives will do nicely. Cut them in half lengthwise. Keep one half and place it on the prepared egg, then cut 8 stripes from the other half for legs. Place 4 stripes on each side of the other half of the olive or body this is on the egg. I swear your kids--and adults--will get creeped out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Creepy. Have to try it for the kids party this weekend.
Kim Watters

Meagan Hatfield said...

Awesome! I'm SO doing this at my daughter's party. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I'm not having a party, but I'm still making the deviled eggs! Sounds like so much fun. I think I'll make them and take to the office. I can't wait to see the look on co-workers faces. Great idea!
Dani