Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Chocolate Affaire

This last weekend, I was in downtown Glendale helping out my local chapter of Romance Writers of America at the Chocolate Affaire. Tons of books were offered for sale, from Science Fiction Romantic, Erotica to Inspirational and Romantic Suspense. Even though there were many different genres, each author had one common goal: to tell a story and have someone read it.

Well, we had a wonderful crowd show up and many were dying to read what our authors had to write. This year we were lucky enough to have a cover model, CJ, for the event. A steady stream of people came to get a photo with him. His hair was amazing! I’ve never had it down to my waist in my life. The atmosphere was wonderful, filled with laughter and camaraderie, and it made me realize how lucky I am to call myself a writer.

I met some amazing new people and got reacquainted with others. Judi McCoy joined us for another year. Her humor is contagious, and we're lucky to have her agree to join us at Much Cheaper Than Therapy. Welcome Judi!

Oh, and Judi--right back at cha :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your hard work at the Chocolate Affaire. I had a great time as did all the other authors who signed.

Anonymous said...

The Chocolate Affaire was awesome!
I am so glad Judi McCoy will be blogging with us. (I really didn't twist her arm too hard.) Can't wait to read her first post.

It was wonderful to meet so many romance readers and watch the young girls giggle when they got their pictures taken with the cover model.

The weather was great, too. Couldn't ask for a better weekend.