Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree.....

Kim Watters here. In the spirit of the holiday season, I thought I'd share a picture or two of our Christmas tree. As you can see, the entire family enjoys its green boughs. If you look close enough, yes, don't blink because your eyes are telling you the truth, that' s my son's cat, Lego, enjoying his perch from inside the tree. The kittens think the tree is their own personal play toy, and at one time or another, almost all the ornaments have found a spot on the floor. That's why we didn't put out the breakable ones this year. I've given up putting them back on the tree and they now sit in a pile on the coffee table. Gee, somehow they aren't as interesting if they're not dangling from a branch. And somehow the lights at the top of the tree quit working a week ago. Bad bulb or did one of the kittens chew through the cord? Sigh. So does anyone have any suggestions how to keep our furry friends from climbing the tree? Inquiring minds want to know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so cute :)

Connie Flynn said...

Love it. Such a reminder of Christmases past. The kitten is darling even if the shattered bulbs are not. What a nice way to end the year.

Estella said...

I don't think there is a way to keeps cats out of the Christmas tree-----speaking from experience.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Regina. If he wasn't so cute....:) Hey Connie, if you want to experience it for yourself, just give me a call. Thanks Estella. Not the answer I wanted to hear. LOL.

catslady said...

Well, I have owned 7 cats at one time and none of them ever tried climbing my tree. My trick is a live blue spruce tree. The needles are very sharp lol.

Donna Marie Del Grosso said...

Hi Kim!
This is late-------- you know, I just heard from a coworker about cats and Christmas trees. Seems the felines live climbing them for some reason! And I thought that was only a joke for Christmas Vacation. Who knew??? He does look cute though! =)