Sunday, December 18, 2011

Looking for an Agent?


Is your manuscript ready to submit? Or can it be ready to submit by the end of April? Then you need an agent and we know where you can start looking for one. The Desert Dreams Writer's Conference. There is still time to register, pay, and pick an agent to pitch your story to at the conference. One of the agent you can choose from is Holly Root of The Waxman Literary Agency.

Holly's favorite part of being an agent is the thrill of discovery. Being the first to experience a new world or a brand-new author simply never gets old. Couple that with the joy of sharing that wonderful book with editors and eventually readers and you’ve got the reason she truly loves her job. "I’m drawn to well-told commercial novels in a variety of genres. I’m much more likely to keep reading if I know from that perfectly-executed first page that this character (or author, in the case of nonfiction) is someone who interests me, someone whose story I’d like to get lost in for the next two hours. I know I’ve found a winner when I encounter writers whose skills on the page make me know beyond any doubt that I’m in excellent hands." Prior to joining the Waxman Literary Agency in 2007, Holly Root worked at the William Morris Agency and Trident Media Group.

She is acquiring middle grade, YA, womens's fiction (commercial and upmarket), urban fantasy, romance, and select nonfiction projectsWorkshops: TBA

For more information visit http://desertroserwa.org

No comments: