September 1-30, 2010
"Pacing: How To Create A Page-Turning Manuscript"
by Mary Buckham
$30 at www.WriterUniv.com
What keeps a book intriguing enough to have fans turn the pages and not set it down? How can one author's books have you riveted and another's leave you feeling ho-hum? Ever wondered if there are key craft tips and techniques to balance fast-paced conflict, tension, suspense or mystery, action and emotion? In PACING: HOW TO CREATE A PAGE TURNING MANUSCRIPT you'll learn:
* The ingredients of a page-turner
* What hooks are and how to maximize them
* The power of effective scenes: common pacing pitfalls to avoid
* The ten elements of strong pacing
* How to use subplots and secondary characters
* How to avoid a sagging middle
* What a beat is and how to use it
* Great beginnings & endings that have your readers wanting more!
Mary Buckham is co-author of Break Into Fiction: 11 Steps To Building A Story That Sells and an award-winning romantic suspense author. Currently she is a national writing-workshop presenter online, at conferences and wherever writers meet around the country. Mary encourages you to visit her website www.MaryBuckham.com for more information about her and her current writing projects and www.BreakIntoFiction.com for more information about her Break Into Fiction™ book.