Monday, January 21, 2008

Harlequin Authors Love the Desert Dreams Conference!



Why should you attend the Desert Dreams Conference for writers on April 4-6?


I asked Harlequin American author, Cathy McDavid. She said she pitched her story to Paula Eykelhof, senior editor at Harlequin at the 2004 conference and is convinced that first meeting eventually led to making the sale!


Laurie Campbell, Silhouette Special Edition author said,

"Desert Dreams is where I first pitched my book to an editor, who told me at the next Desert Dreams they were buying it, and at the next one I had copies to sign. Without that face-to-face pitch I would've taken a lot longer to sell, and since we'd met in person our phone conversations were smoother. I've met editors at National, as well, but a relaxed setting like Desert Dreams makes it so much easier to chat!"


Attendees continue to comment about how nice everyone is. The Desert Rose members go out of their way to make your conference experience a great one!

For more details go to http://www.desertroserwa.org/



No comments: