Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tackling Big Projects



This past week, I needed to clean our bedroom. That involved going through drawers and an overcrowded bookshelf. Between my day job and writing schedule, I don't have much time left over for luxuries, like cleaning. I tackled the job one corner at a time. Thursday evening, I cleaned and dusted the end table. Friday evening, I dusted the television area. Saturday morning, I went through drawers and dusted the large dresser. Finally, today, I sorted through books and dusted the bookshelf. Afterwards, I felt like I had accomplished a huge task and still found time to write.

I realized later, that the idea of tackling huge jobs one step at a time can be applied to any task that seems overwhelming. If a writer sits down and writes one paragraph a day, the book will take shape. Hopefully, once you sit down to write that paragraph, you'll write more.

Once I accomplished my task, I felt so good I treated myself. No, not to a sundae, but to a small candy bar.

Until next week,
happy reading and writing.
Tina Swayzee McCright


No comments: