Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day



During the recession, I noticed my friends and family became less focused on money and more focused on helping one another. It warmed my heart. Of course, there will always be those teenagers who feel entitled. I hope one day they will learn life is more about the special moments we share.

So this Father's Day, I'm sure many of you struggled with what to buy the man in your life. If you haven't already found the perfect gift, it isn't too late. If money is a problem, and even if it isn't, I suggest you find ways to touch his heart rather than giving him a toy to play with. I plan to write in a card all of the reasons I fell in love with my husband. I know he'll keep it on display in our home for the next year. Perhaps you can give Dad a day without chores, a day to sleep in, a day to golf, etc. You can make a coupon book filled with Good for one _______ (hug, kiss, take out the trash pass - use your imagination.) Remember, the day is about him and not us. Think about what he would enjoy. And ladies, when you look at the man in your today, look at him through the eyes of the woman who fell in love with him. Being cherished and loved is the greatest gift of all.

No comments: