Thursday, February 18, 2010

Joseph Gibson is My Hero

Joseph Gibson is my hero.

While out jogging, the 38 year old Phoenix doctor was hit by a car and killed. Dr. Gibson's wife, Jennifer, says "his passing served as a blessing to others". His organs were donated to four patients in need. Four beautiful pieces of Joseph live on through others. I should be so blessed to be able to do the same when it is my time to go.

My current release On Wings of Love also deals with the delicate subject of organ donation. My hope is that people reading this book will also come away with a new appreciation for organ donation, the many people involved to make sure everything takes place, and the wonderful gift that each and everyone of us has a chance to give to someone else.

Blessings,

Kim Watters

No comments: