Online class: July 1-15, 2008
"Dynamic Dialogue" by Alicia Rasley
Registration $30 at www.WriterUniv.com/
Dialogue reveals more than what a character is saying -- it reveals who the character is.
In this workshop, learn how to make your dialogue reflect your characters and their conflicts, and your own voice too.
Among the topics addressed will be how to:
* Find your character's voice
* Make dialogue a conversation
* Add conflict to dialogue
* Make it sound natural and authentic
* Use pauses and quote tags for active dialogue
* Make dialogue a true element of both plot and characterization
Alicia Rasley is a RITA-award winning author, college teacher, and nationally known workshop leader. Her book, Point of View and Your Story, is now available from Writer's Digest Books.