Wednesday, June 18, 2008

On-Line Dialog Class

Online class: July 1-15, 2008

"Dynamic Dialogue" by Alicia Rasley

Registration $30 at www.WriterUniv.com/



Dialogue reveals more than what a character is saying -- it reveals who the character is.

In this workshop, learn how to make your dialogue reflect your characters and their conflicts, and your own voice too.



Among the topics addressed will be how to:

* Find your character's voice

* Make dialogue a conversation

* Add conflict to dialogue

* Make it sound natural and authentic

* Use pauses and quote tags for active dialogue

* Make dialogue a true element of both plot and characterization



Alicia Rasley is a RITA-award winning author, college teacher, and nationally known workshop leader. Her book, Point of View and Your Story, is now available from Writer's Digest Books.

2 comments:

Natalie Hatch said...

Sounds good, I'm just doing Terry Spears 'Happy Hookers' course, which is helping with improving my hooks... hubby thought I'd gone out of my mind when I told him I'm becoming a happy hooker....

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Natalie, that class sounds intriguing. I may have to check that out:)