Monday, May 12, 2008

The Neurotic Writer and Another Stolen Book Idea


Welcome to Another Episode of The Neurotic Writer


Therapist: “Good morning, Suzie.”

Suzie Writer: “There’s nothing good about it.”

Therapist: “Oh?”

Suzie Writer: “Other writers are still stealing my ideas. The aluminum foil headband isn’t working. I went to the bookstore yesterday and discovered some else just published my cowboy alien vampire series. I wanted to throw the book across the room.”

Therapist: “The fact you didn’t shows growth.”

Suzie Writer: “Whatever.” (Glances down at therapist’s desk.) “Wait a minute. Your last name is Ogryzek. The author who wrote my cowboy alien vampire book was named Ogryzek.”

Therapist: “Suzie, I did not write a cowboy alien vampire book. I strictly write nonfiction.”

Suzie Writer: “Nonfiction? You think you’re too good to steal my ideas, don’t you? Admit it. You’re an intellectual snob.”

Therpist: (exasperated) “Of course not. I think your cowboy alien vampire book is…unique and…imaginative.”

Suzie Writer: “I knew it! You stole my idea.”



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darn it. I was going to write a cowboy alien vampire book. :) Another wonderful post Tina. What will Suzie think up next?