2016 Hot Prospects Contest
Sponsor: Valley of the Sun Romance Writers
**Permission to forward**
Looking to sign your first book contract, switch from a small press to a large publisher or simply explore another genre of romantic fiction? Turn up the heat on your writing career with the Hot Prospects Contest.
Grand Prize Winner
• The grand prize winner of the contest will have their entire Romance manuscript (400 pages, Courier, 12pt, Double spaced) reviewed by two professional editors at Novel Needs http://novelneeds.com
Valley of the Sun RW Members
Postmark Deadline: September 1st, 2016
E-Submit Deadline: September 1st, 2016
The Hot Prospects Contest is open to any Romance work uncontracted and unpublished at the time of entry.
CATEGORIES / JUDGES
Trained judges for preliminary round, Editors for final round.
Single Title Contemporary-
Romantic novels released as individual titles, not usually part of a series. Projected word count: over 70,000 words.
• Johanna Raisanen - Harlequin
A suspense/mystery/thriller plot is integrated within a romantic novel. Projected word count: over 70,000 words.
• Kate Seaver—Berkley
• Melissa Jeglinski—The Knight Agency
Romantic novels set in a time period prior to 1945. Projected word count: over 70,000 words.
• Rhonda Penders—Wild Rose Press
Futuristic, fantasy, or paranormal elements are integrated within the love story. Projected word count: over 70,000 words.
• Melissa Singer - TOR
• Michelle Klayman—Boroughs Publishing
Young Adult/New Adult Romance:
Romance novels in which young adult life is an integral part of the plot. Projected word count: over 50,000 words.
- Editor – TBA
- Michelle Grajkowski—3 Seas Literary Agency
Romance novels in which religious or spiritual beliefs (in the context of any religious or spiritual belief system) are an integral part of the plot. Projected word count: over 50,000 words.
- Victoria Curnan—Heartwarming
- Agent - Raela Schoenherr—Revell/Bethany House
Erotic Romance: Novels in which strong, often explicit, sexual interaction is an inherent part of the love story, character growth and relationship development and could not be removed without damaging the storyline. These novels may contain elements of other romance subgenres (such as paranormal, historical, etc.).
- Brenda Chin - Entangled
- Agent - TBA
Those entries that do not final will be returned approximately October 30th, 2016 to help those who plan to enter RWA’s Golden Heart.
• Your synopsis should be between 3-5 pages.
• Up to 25 pages of your manuscript.
For more information visit: http://valleyofthesunrw.com/2015-contest-guidelines-and-entry-form/