Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What's in Blurb?


Kim Watters here. What's in a blurb? Everything. There are a few things a reader looks for when he or she picks up a book; the cover, name, and the back cover blurb-not necessarily in that order. I believe it's what makes the reader purchase a particular book, especially if they're not familiar with the author. So in one short span of time, you've got to convince that reader to purchase your book. The who, the plot, and the conflict. Here's my latest blurb for my upcoming release from Harlequin. If I was more tech savvy, I'd post the cover, but that's an item for a future post because it's early, I need to get my post up and I can't figure out how to convert from a pdf to a jpeg. So, I'm going to stick with what I know and write books.



A Soldier's Gift

Just in time for Christmas, a tall, dark and
handsome Scrooge visits Holly Stanwyck’s
holiday shop, threatening eviction. But once
landlord Ethan Pellegrino sees the single
mom’s plight, the former soldier becomes her
protector instead. Suddenly he’s helping
her with her struggling business and bonding
with her troubled son. A wounded veteran
come home to heal, Ethan is no stranger
to sorrow. But something about the pretty
widow fills him with hope. Will Holly be able
to let go of her own painful past to see
her future by his side?






What are your thoughts? Until next time.....
Kim

No comments: