10. Escape the real world and those dirty clothes that keep piling up. You won’t regret hiding at the coffee shop, or in the closet if you must, to quietly enter this kingdom of magic and romance. Publishers Weekly says, “The latest from Kennedy (Beneath the Thirteen Moons) is simply delightful, set in a fantasy-touched Victorian England that's imaginative, historically vigorous and ripe for further adventures.”
Speaking of romance…
9. This hero has the magic touch. You know what I mean. And no, he’s not a chiropractor. USA Today best-selling author, Jennifer Ashley, calls her hero “a yummy shape-shifting lion.” (He can shape-shift in my bed anytime.)
8. This treasure hunt can’t be missed! Merlin created powerful relics everyone wants to get their greedy hands on. (If they truly are powerful, they will also be self-cleaning.) Anyway, there are 13 relics and 6 have already been found. That means seven enchanting stories. I hope. I can’t wait to read the whole series.
7. Enchanting The Lady is packed full of suspense and danger. The shifters, monsters and magicians practicing dark magic will keep you turning the pages all night. (You’re a doctor? Don’t worry; you can nap between surgeries.)
6. Now that Harry Potter is in retirement, we need a new author to write about magical England and Kathryne Kennedy is just the one we’ve been waiting for. Award-winning paranormal romance author, Erin Grady, says Enchanting the Lady has, “The imagination of JK Rowling and the romance of Julie Garwood all rolled into one fabulous novel.” But can she write books thick enough to prop up my car when I get a flat?
5. Kathryne Kennedy has wonderful contests (that I haven’t won yet.) She’s already given away a pearl pin, and her current contest prize is a strand of pearls. We’re not talking Cracker Jack decoder rings here. The relics in her story inspired the prizes. I hope the next relic is a silver convertible. (Self-cleaning, of course)
4. Her heroine is one we can all relate to: First, she was orphaned and forced live with her less than loving aunt and uncle. Then, when it’s learned that she failed to inherit her parent’s magic, she shames the family, and loses her title. Finally, she falls in love with a were-lion. Okay, so maybe I just have a war going on with my homeowners association because my daughter parked in guest parking, and I need more hours in the day to write, but I feel her pain, just the same.
3. The characters come to life! Terence’s lion instincts, and at times his wild behavior,
will trigger your own animal magnetism as you root for him to win Felicity’s heart. Romance Reviews Today loved Kathryne’s characters and story so much; they gave Enchanting the Lady, “a perfect 10.”
2. Kathryne Kennedy has hair like Lady Godiva. I know that has nothing to do with the story, but if you ever meet this truly nice woman, you will tell forever more refer to her as “the writer with the hair.’ Just joking. Okay, maybe not. Check out the picture on her website, then you tell me.
The Number One Reason to Read Enchanting the Lady is…
1. You must discover this awesome world builder. Remember you heard it here first; Kathryne Kennedy has set the bar high for historical, paranormal romance. (Say that five times fast.) The Best Reviews says, “…Kennedy is destined to be one of the sub-genre’s superstars.” Read the excerpts of Enchanting the Lady at her website and you’ll know what I mean.
Run to your computer! Okay, you’re already there. What are you waiting for? Click onto your favorite bookstore and order TODAY! Better yet, drive to your favorite bookstore and buy it now.
To read excepts or enter contests go to http://www.kathrynekennedy.com/
Enchanting the Lady – Dorchester Love Spell – January 2008
ISBN 10: 0-505-52750-2
ISBN 13: 978-505-52750-9
(PERMISSION TO COPY GRANTED, IF PROPER CREDIT IS GIVEN TO THE AUTHOR.)